Saturday, May 21, 2011

A new experiment

I’ve been trying out a new (to me) concept of “freelensing.” Here are a couple shots I’ve taken this way…

This was one of my first attempts, and I removed my 28-135mm lens and turned it around backwards to get the macro effect. Here is a shot of this stem of flowers with the lens mounted properly…

This one was taken with my 50mm lens removed and turned backwards…

Here is one taken with the 28-135mm removed and held in its normal orientation…

Now I’m going to go back to planning camping trips! I love planning camping trips! I think I might even like the planning more than the implementing. But it’s all fun. I do wish I could get a fold up kitchen that would unfold and be complete – sink, stove, garbage can, canopy…all set up in one motion. But I guess I’ll make do with the setup we’ve been using.

(You may remember this shot from last year’s South Dakota trip.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!bc

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!