Friday, August 13, 2010

225/365

Today’s assignment for The Daily Shoot was “Make a photograph using wide focal length. Zoom or prime or iPhone cameras all qualify for going wide today.” I didn’t have a lot of time for planning and shooting photos (I made my third trip to Hamilton for the week, and then finally had to get some hours in at work.) but I did take a short side trip up into the foothills of the Bitterroot Mountains so I could get a wide angle shot of the east side of the valley.
TDS-wide-angle
One thing I like about this photo (maybe the only thing – I’m not excited about this one) is the layers of color. The whites in the top third, the blues then greens in the center, then the almost autumn yellow/green in the lower third – it all breaks it into those pleasing “thirds”. It’s a bit busy to me – there are essentially 2 focal points (the valley in the distance and the farm in the center-ish). I think that’s why I’m not thrilled. Oh well…there it is.

I had an idea for my Friday the 13th photo for the Facebook Project 365 group, but it doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to carry it out – the subject I need (a particular person) isn’t home. Hmph.

4 comments:

my3rdI.org said...

I do like the layers of color in this shot. There are quite a bit of things in this capture and it's real scenic. I like this a lot.

Unknown said...

You live in such a beautiful area. I would love to visit someday.

Unknown said...

Please do visit! It is beautiful, and I'd love to meet you in person!

Sandra said...

Excellent, you have foreground, middle ground and background and nice colors too. Please say you didn't say "autumn" colors. Summer just go here.
Also, if Leslie gets to visit so do I! LOL

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!