Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24, 2012

Blessings:

  1. Getting things done!
  2. Tracking Santa on Norad.
  3. Dale gets the gold star of the day. Ken and Dale were having a problem with their new shoe inserts and I made a minor suggestion. Ken said, "Your mother may be right. Sometimes she has those years when she's right." (Ken gets points for that.) Dale responded, "Years?! I'd say decades." Yep - Dale gets a gold star.
  4. Philip gets the next gold star for the day. I offered him some of the beverage Kristi was preparing and he said, "No thanks. I'm good." Pause. "What is it?"
    A wise man declines such an offer from his mother-in-law BEFORE finding out that it's hot apple cider vinegar and water.
  5. Conversation in Scrivnerburg:
    Caleb: If Santa doesn’t come I’m going to get angry.
    Mom: Why would you get angry?
    Caleb: Because I really want Santa to come.
    Mom: But does it fit the spirit of Christmas to get angry if Santa doesn’t come?
    Caleb: No. Jesus is the spirit of Christmas, and Jesus is Happiness.
    Mom: Are you still going to get angry if Santa doesn’t come?
    Caleb – shoulders slumping: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!