Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012


I didn’t have the oomph to carry all of Mom’s groceries into the house, so I piled them in the stroller instead.

Blessings:

1. Our company had a group meeting this morning – just to get everyone together. It was great to see everyone in person. I love the company I work for, and the team I work with. I love having a job I love. Is that enough love for today?

2. I was able to get a great monitor to replace my failing one for an awesome price. I found it on a local buy/sell group on Facebook. It is such a blessing!

3. My friend Elle (she was the one who got me started counting blessings years ago) and her son were protected when they were in a car accident today. They were both able to be released from the hospital fairly quickly. Thank You, Lord, for Your protection.

4. Dinner time conversation (this was the middle of the conversation):
Dale: What was the name of that test?
Ken: The Five Love Languages.
Kristi: English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and French.
Ken (to Kristi): Are those foreign languages?
Kristi: No, five languages.
(Hehehe – not “four-in,” but five. Hehehe.)

5. Bedtime conversation:
Dale: Do you have any AA batteries?
Mom: What do you need them for?
Dale: My toothbrush battery is dead.
Mom: I guess you’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way.
Dale: But then I’d have to (makes the brushing motion).
Mom: Suck it up, Buttercup. Life’s tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!