Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5, 2012

 


The photo for today is a self-portrait taken with Vignette for my Android phone. It has so so so so many options – it’s mind-boggling!

Today is one of those days when it’s a bit harder to see the blessings. I guess I’d better just look a little more closely.

1. Super 1 cereal sale. Yay! We’re rich again! I always feel better when we have food stored in the closet, and today’s cereal sale allowed me to put more than 50 boxes of cereal away.

2. I say “allowed me to put…cereal away” but I didn’t actually do it. I have six children who are able (if not always willing) to do some of those chores for me, so I didn’t even have to go up and down the stairs to put the cereal away.

3. The new cereal is now put away on a NEW shelf in the downstairs closet. My sweet husband spent the afternoon fixing up the closet in our basement so it would hold the cereal we wanted to store.

4. A pleasant dinner time. There were no arguments, no whining, no complaining…it was relative peace!

5. Friends who will watch 7 children while we go out on a date. Tomorrow night is date night, and it’s such a blessing to have people who will take care of our crew so we can go out alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!