Thursday, January 5, 2012

I’ve really slacked off…

…on my book reviewing. It’s been waaaaay too many months, but I just haven’t had the time to read, let alone actually reviewing the book I’ve read. The most recent book that WaterBrook Multnomah gave me for the Blogging for Books program is The Chocolate Diaries by Karen Scalf Linamen, and I’ve enjoyed the book, but the way it was formatted for my Kindle has kind of thrown me off. It has made it less enjoyable to read. But anyway…here’s a brief review:


(Image from Amazon.com)

What happens when you mix an encouraging message with chocolate? You get a book that can help you learn to continue on when life throws you a curve ball, and you get to savor the sweet parts along the way.

My favorite part of the book has to be all the chocolate recipes! I love chocolate! That’s part of the reason I chose this book, and there have been some wonderful recipes along the way in The Chocolate Diaries. But there are more than recipes – in fact, more than chocolate – in this book. There are many stories, lessons, and anecdotes about making it through the “Rocky Road of Life.” I found that many of the stories in the book reminded me that we can get through the hard stuff with God’s help and a bit (or more) of chocolate. The Chocolate Diaries also indirectly pointed out that I have no reason to feel sorry for myself – most of my problems are really pretty small.

I do recommend this book – especially for those who feel like life is just a bit too bumpy. Happy chocolate, everyone!

(A free Kindle version of The Chocolate Diaries was given to me by WaterBrook Mulnomah Publishing Group for the purpose of this review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!