Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012

 

Blessings:

1. Sunshine. It’s a soppy, drippy, muddy mess outside, but the sun is currently shining, and it’s wonderful to see it again!

2. Growing things. As you see in today’s photo, Caleb’s hyacinth (I think) bulb is happily enjoying January. I think Caleb checks it 74 times a day to see how it’s doing.

3. Things that really matter. I encounter lots of little irritations throughout the day, and it’s easy to focus on those and be completely annoyed. But, really, if I stop to consider the things that really matter – eternity with God, health, home, family, to mention a few – I’m set. I just need to remember what really matters and quit spending so much time on the things that won’t even be remembered by Saturday.

4. Friends sharing great recipes. You already know I love Pinterest. One of the reasons I love it is that my friends share wonderful foods on there. Tonight we had a meal that everybody liked! I’m sure you can imagine how often that happens in a family this size. (We had Creamy Chicken & Noodles.) And speaking of Pinterest, if you need an invite let me know.

5. Free books! I know – I’m starting to sound like a series of commercials – but one thing I love to do is read. And I especially love free books! Being the geek that I am I love to read on my Kindle, and recently I have been getting books from Pixel of Ink and Inspired Reads. I have had much time to read them lately, but just having a whole “stack” of books waiting for me makes me feel rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!