Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012


The kids have some new winter gear. This intrepid explorer (or something) is Austin, but the only way I can be sure is that I recognize his coat. He climbed Mt. Church Street and lived to tell the tale.

Blessings:

1. A good school day. We’ve been homeschooling for half a school year now, and I must admit (despite my fears last summer) that most of the school days have been good ones. The kids do a good job and get their work done fairly quickly. Everyone enjoys that!

2. Conveniences. I have so many things that make my life easier, and I think I tend to take them for granted – TWO washers and dryers, a dishwasher (and kids to load it!), a microwave to make quick work of defrosting, easy access to any information or entertainment I could want…the list could just go on and on.

3. Home. We have a 4-bedroom, 3-bath house that fits our whole family. We have space for the things we need and want to do. We are so blessed.

4. Crunch. Not the sound – the cat. I don’t thank God for him very often (for good reason) but he has his moments. This morning he started my day off with a laugh when I caught him playing with a baby sock. He was tossing it in the air and jumping up after it. It was quite amusing, and kind of made up for the fact that he’d peed on the bathmat – again.

5. Monday. Monday is one of Ken’s days off, so we actually get to enjoy each other’s company all evening. I like that.


You get a bonus – here’s a conversation in Scrivnerburg:
Andrew: "Can I have a pet monkey?"
Ken: "You can have a pet toothpick. You could call him Splinter."
Ken again: "Or you could get a pet potato and call him Wedgie."
Ken again (to Dale): "You could get a pet piece of Velcro and call him Sticky."
Dale: "No."
Ken: "It's better than calling him Hooker or Loopy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!