Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prepared

The Daily Shoot assignment today is "preparedness." I must confess that I don't have good enough examples of "preparedness." I don't have emergency supplies prepared for power outages or disasters...I don't have my menus prepared (that's unusual for me)...I don't even have my clothes set out for tomorrow! But my kids' backpacks are prepared for tomorrow. We put hooks up on this wall to hold the 6 younger kids' backpacks - it makes it very easy for us to see whose backpack might be laying in the middle of the living room floor, and it also makes it simple to check for papers they've forgotten to hand over.

Today was the 100th day of school, and the younger elementary kids always count out 100 things. Kristi chose to count 100 pennies. She took them in to school for the project, and then brought them home and spent the whole afternoon counting pennies. Truly, she spent about 2 hours at the dining table counting, recounting, and overrecounting the pennies. There are 100 of them.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks very organized to me. Poor Kristy was just hoping that if she continued counting they'd multiply. Wishful thinking.

Anonymous said...

Well it looks very organized to me. Poor Kristy was just hoping that if she continued counting they'd multiply. Wishful thinking.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!