Friday, September 24, 2010

267/365

The Daily Shoot assignment is “Make a photo of an interesting stack of books or magazines. Consider how you handle repeating lines in your composition.” The Friday Challenge over at the Project 365 group is “lines.” I thought the two challenges worked well together, so they get one photo for both.
TDS-books-and-lines

Caleb was pleased with my “lines” – he helped me line up each book so it would look just right. This was shot outdoors with natural light diffused by a picnic umbrella. In post processing I used a free action from JHP Actions called Everydayboost Vintage (I pulled the opacity back a bit) and then I used CoffeeShop Soft Autmn Glow (also pulled back a bit) to give it the glow and autumnish tone.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wonderful response to the challenges. Love the colors and the lines.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Elli. I did think about shooting my daughter's Magic Tree House book set with some sort of arrangement - I bet that should have made her happy...

But ended up doing a outdoor shot yesterday.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!