Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20, 2012

Blessings:

1. Kristi has been counting down the days until summer (on the calendar). I've wondered what she was so excited for - warm weather? swimming? camping? She never said...until now. This morning she looked at the calendar and said, "YES! It's the first day of summer. Maybe the big grasshoppers will be out!" Yay for summer!

2. It may not seem like a blessing to Little Man, but PT is a blessing. We’re learning more and more about why he does what he does and doesn’t what he doesn’t. He is in his “comfort zone” when his body is extended…we keep making him bend and use his abs. What meanies we are. It’s really too bad I can’t share his expression at the time I took the above shot – he was NOT happy and he’s SOOOO cute when he’s not happy.

3. This day – during which I have repeatedly messed up each thing I have tried – is almost over.

4. There are friends that fade out of our lives after a while, but their influence is still felt. I found out today that one such friend passed away. I am saddened by the loss, but I am so thankful for the things I learned from him and the encouragement he was to me during some hard times.

5. Snickers ice cream bars. Almost as good as Reese’s ice cream bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!