Friday, September 9, 2011

A path to follow

TDS-path by Elli :-)
TDS-path, a photo by Elli :-) on Flickr.

If you were to follow this path you would find a river, pieces of a concrete something-or-other (old bridge? pier?), and smoke. And more smoke. And you'd probably find some smoke, too. Today's Daily Shoot assignment was to make a photo with a path or road that leads the eye through the shot. I'm not overly enthusiastic about this one, but it has the required elements, so here it is.

I would have skipped this one altogether except that I needed to go scope out locations for some headshots I need to take next week. I want outdoorsy backgrounds, and this "park" (Stevensville River Park) offers plenty of outdoorsiness. (Is that a word? Let's say "yes.")

I'm a bit tired of the smoke - besides the fact that it clogs all our sinuses and heads up, it also keeps the kids inside. Can you imagine the result of 7, 9, or 10 (eventually, we had 10 here today) kids stuck indoors for hours on end? Yeah - the headlines would be MOM GOES STARK-RAVING MAD! Fortunately for all of us, the wind must have changed direction this evening because it cleared off enough that I could let the kids out for a while after dinner. Whew. I didn't have to pull out the duct tape.

It feels like bedtime around here, so I'm going to go see how much sleep I can get before Little Man calls for his next meal...but I think I might forage for chocolate first.

1 comment:

Your Organizing Guru said...

It has been incredibly smokey here recently due to wildfires. They have started and ended our summer. Between them it was too hot to be outdoors anyway! I'm praying that ours (and yours) don't continue through the Fall and that we will all be able to enjoy some nice Autumn weather. ~J

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!