Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Brunch

fruit salad by Elli :-)
fruit salad, a photo by Elli :-) on Flickr.

Our church didn't have services here today, so my mom invited us over for Sunday brunch. She planned sourdough waffles and blueberry syrup - deciousness! I offered to bring a fruit salad, and my mother-in-law brought whipped cream...doesn't all that sound like a perfect combination? It was.

I didn't remember to take pictures of the waffles, syrup, and whipped cream. Oops. Something happened to them. They were on a plate, and then they were gone. Sorry. Well, not really sorry. They were absolutely magnificent!! The fabulous sourdough waffles, the tart blueberry syrup, the creamy/sweet whipped cream...ahhhhhhh. It was wonderful. Oh yeah, and the fruit salad tasted fresh and summery too.

Thank you, Mom! It was just perfect, and we all really enjoyed it!

I think my mom found the secret to getting yard work done too. After the perfect meal we went outside and dug up this part, tilled that part, transplanted these, weeded those...and Caleb relocated some worms. He's a very careful gardener - he even knew the new flower bed needed worms.

Can you guess what I did after I came home? Yes, it starts with "n" and ends with "ap". What a nice Sunday!

3 comments:

Jane said...

that looks delicious...mmm

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks just like summer!

Babbling Little Booties said...

yummy strawberries... and a lovely summer

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!