Sunday, September 19, 2010

262/365

Another birthday party! We finally got to celebrate Kristi's birthday with family today. We didn't do a full birthday extravaganza for her - she's just plumb wore out from school - but we had fun. 

This first shot is not particularly exciting, but I wanted my photographer friends to see it. That bright light on Kristi is all sunlight reflected of a tiny, white birthday card. The card - open - is no more than 4x4 inches, but the sunlight was so strong that the little card reflected all that light onto Kristi's face and torso. I wish I could get light like that all the time!

Some of the party decor...

Lighting the candles...

Before the guests had even headed home...

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sweet girl for her birthday! Cool!! light up from card...

happy birthday Kristi!!

Sandra said...

You have the best parties ever!
Happy birthday to Kristi.

Wow the reflection from that card actually looks like a "light."

Great job

Anonymous said...

Elli, you got some priceless shots..I love the glow on the first shot too...very creative!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!