Tuesday, September 7, 2010

250/365

Today was the first day of school for our kiddos. This year will be interesting - they start 15 minutes earlier and go 15 minutes later so they can finish up by May 6th. There are construction project going on at the school that must be finished by November 2011, so they have to shorten the school year to get the work done in time. The kids don't mind the longer days, and it will certainly make this school year fly by!

Today's Daily Shoot assignment - "make a photograph with either a 9 or a 6 represented in some way" fit right into my other shooting for the day - here is my 9-year-old.
 

Here are a couple other first day photos...both 6th graders (so they would also qualify for the assignment the way I figure it)...
 

I wanted to do a photo of my 6 younger children, but one of them is off helping his big sister babysit (I wonder how helpful a 5yo actually is), so that didn't work out. 

It's getting to be the time of year when some of us must use some type of light source for our portrait photography. My flashes are currently out of commission, so I'm halfheartedly in the market for another one. David Hobby had a pretty decent review of this Yongnuo flash on his blog - have any of you tried this one? I'd love to hear some opinions of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute shot of your kids Elli and I like your interpretation of TDS:6/9 assignment.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!