Sunday, September 5, 2010

248/365

The Daily Shoot assignment for today is “A person's hands can tell a story. Take a picture of someone's hands today. (@houkazan)” Here is one of my husband’s hands – he’s working towards his bachelor’s degree, so he spends most of his non-working time studying. I believe this one a Biology course.
TDS-Hands
This shot was taken at 800 ISO because it was a bit on the dark side in the dining room. I also had to open the aperture up as much as the lens would go (for this shot it was 5.6), so his fingertips are slightly out of focus…oh well…if I’d tried to go higher with the ISO the grain would have been much worse than the fuzzy fingers.

I must say – I love these hard-working hands. My husband’s hands work hard to provide for our family, they tenderly comfort a heartbroken child, they fix anything and everything that breaks, they reach out to meet the needs of the community, and they fit perfectly around my hands…these are very special hands.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Great image of some "hard working hands" and great words to accompany it. Nicely done Elli

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Elli. You did great with this TDS: Hands assignment and I do like the nice words with this post.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!