Wednesday, April 21, 2010

111/365

I love the dramatic differences in weather here – even from north to south.

I know I did the same sort of thing just a couple weeks ago from my front yard, but I had to do it again because the sky was so awesome this evening! Here’s a view to the north (with a bit of topaz-like effect just for fun)…
puffy-clouds

And here’s the view to the south. I just missed a bolt of lightning with this shot…
storm-clouds 
I didn’t have a tripod with me and the wind was awful, so this is really not a great shot. But the storm clouds look stormy anyway.

This week has been a doozy…one thing after another – kids left behind at school; baseball all over the place with both parents running to and fro, hither and yon; multiple children with discipline issues at school; my dad’s/brother’s visit canceled because my brother is hospitalized; kids getting booboos that keep them from sleeping…fun times.

I think I’m going to go to bed early!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope the 2nd half of you week is better! I'm thinking of you.
What a dramatic difference with that sky! Great clouds in that first one, actually both of them but the first one is really striking.

Jennifer said...

awesome snapshots.. often interest to see sky change to expect the storm to come by.

Hope all okay with family and your brother too. {{hugs}}

Unknown said...

Beautiful skies. The weekend is coming, hopefully you all get some relaxation.

Sandra said...

Oh wow sounds like a doozy of a week hope things slow down a tad for you.
Very nice dramatic skies. I can imagine a person standing there with that dramatic sky - wow. Would be awesome.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!