Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 248

I went for a brief photo walk today. Right down the street there’s a little park with this beautiful sculpture. There is so much “visual clutter” around that it’s hard to get a good shot of the whole statue, so I focused on her lovely face and outstretched arms. The name of the piece is “To Know Joy”. What a great reminder to reach out for the joy… 
To Know Joy edit

 

The sun had already gone down behind the mountains, but I took this one anyway…
daisies at dusk

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Love the angle on the flowers. Great images.

Mainiacknitter said...

What a beautiful statue! I don't know diddly about photography, but I do know what I like and your photos never fail to amaze me. They are works of art :)

Tess said...

Love that statue!!! And the flowers are so pretty with that blue background. :)

Amanda said...

Interesting angle with both of your images! I really like the colors of the second one! It's beautiful as is, but I think I might crop off the building at the bottom, just an idea.

Unknown said...

Love these today!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!